The funding process
Please note: The CAHS Executive require new grant applications to have a Letter of Endorsement from the CAHS Chief Executive before it can be considered by the Foundation. For guidance on the CAHS endorsement process, please contact Richard Macliver, Innovation Manager, on 0488 470 822 or Richard.MacLiver@health.wa.gov.au directly prior to starting an application. CAHS endorsed applications will then be processed by the Foundation in accordance with the Perth Children’s Hospital Foundation Grant Application Process – downloadable from the CAHS intranet.
Perth Children’s Hospital Foundation is the official and largest funder of the Perth Children’s Hospital and the wider Child and Adolescent Health Service (CAHS) after Government. Our total support in the past 24 years has totalled over $83 million, with a further $25 million committed over the next five years.
The Foundation fuels the fight on the frontline to help children get well and stay well. The challenges we see every day directly influences the solutions we fund. In the 2019/2020 Financial Year, the Foundation had their most successful year in the organisation’s history, funding $8.79 million in grants.
Through our Grants Program, Perth Children’s Hospital Foundation enable the Hospital and wider Child and Adolescent Health Services (CAHS) clinicians and researchers to help transform the healthcare of children in WA and across the world.
Thanks to the generosity of our donors, we provide CAHS employees access to funding in five key areas;
Current Grant Rounds
Perth Children's Hospital Foundation Annual Grants FY22
Please note, the CAHS Executive require new grant applications to have a Letter of Endorsement from the CAHS Chief Executive before it can be considered by the Foundation.
For guidance on the CAHS endorsement process, please contact Richard Macliver, Innovation Manager, on 0488 470 822 or Richard.MacLiver@health.wa.gov.au directly prior to starting an application. CAHS endorsed applications will then be processed by the Foundation in accordance with the Perth Children’s Hospital Foundation Grant Application Process – downloadable from the CAHS intranet.
Applications for Perth Children’s Hospital Foundation Annual Grants FY22 must:
- be submitted by Perth Children’s Hospital (PCH) and Child & Adolescent Health Service (CAHS) employees;
- reflect transformative change in paediatric health;
- address critical areas of unmet need;
- and promote the control or prevention of disease in children.
Types of grants that can be applied for include:
- ground-breaking research
- advanced equipment and technology
- innovative education and training programs
- world-class expertise
- positive patient experiences.
For further details, please refer to the Grant Application Process below.
Grants Sub-Committee (GSC) Meeting Dates for 2021
The Perth Children’s Hospital Foundation (PCHF) Grants Sub-Committee (GSC) meets six times a year to review and approve, defer or decline grant applications. The GSC consists of members of the PCHF Board and PCHF staff. Where it will assist the GSC in its consideration of funding requests, the GSC may request the applicant to present at the meeting where the grant application is to be considered. Please see the PCHF Grant Application Process available here for guidance on application processing timeframes.
Tuesday 2 February – closed
Wednesday 24 March – closed
Wednesday 26 May – closed
Wednesday 28 July – closed
Wednesday 29 September
Tuesday 9 November
Grant Application Process
Please note: All applicants must have a Letter of Endorsement from the CAHS Chief Executive for their project prior to submitting a grant application to the Foundation. Please contact Richard Macliver, Innovation Manager, on 0488 470 822 or Richard.MacLiver@health.wa.gov.au for guidance on the CAHS endorsement process. CAHS staff who are intending on submitting a research grant must do so according to the CAHS internal research review process here.
Please ensure you have received CAHS Executive endorsement for your project prior to following the below application process:
- Before starting a grant application, please review the PCHF Grant Application Guidelines and PCHF Grant Application Process to ensure the project you are seeking funds for meet all relevant eligibility requirements. Both documents are downloadable from the CAHS Intranet here.
- To commence an application for funding from PCHF, please visit the PCHF grant application portal powered by SmartyGrants, by clicking the ‘Apply Now’ link below.
- Prior to submitting the application, please download a ‘Preview’ of your completed application in SmartyGrants as a PDF and obtain authorisation by the relevant CAHS authorities via signatures on the completed application form.
Note: All applications need to be approved by the relevant Head of Department/Service Manager, Divisional Director/Co-director, Executive Director and the CAHS Chief Executive if the funding requested is over $250,000.
- You can then upload your signed application and CAHS Letter of Endorsement into your SmartyGrants submission using the file upload at the bottom of the online application form and click ‘submit.’
- Upon submission of your application, you will receive a confirmation email from SmartyGrants that your application has been received by the Perth Children’s Hospital Foundation and confirming next steps for the processing of your application.
Apply online - PCHF Annual Grants FY21
By selecting ‘Apply Now’ you acknowledge you have read the PCHF funding guidelines and that you will be leaving the PCHF website and will be redirected to the PCHF application platform SmartyGrants. Please note, we recommend using Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge as the preferred browser to commence your application.