Perth Children’s Hospital Foundation is the only dedicated fundraising body for Perth Children’s Hospital, with all net income raised by the Foundation made available to the Hospital and broader Child and Adolescent Health Services.
In the 2018/2019 Financial Year, we gave more than $6.5 million in grants. We work closely with the Hospital to fund projects, initiatives and activities to create better outcomes for WA’s sick kids.
Through our Grants Program, Perth Children’s Hospital Foundation enable the Hospital and CAHS clinicians and researchers to help transform the health care of sick children and young people in WA, so they can live their happiest and healthiest lives.
Thanks to our generous supporters, we provide access to CAHS employees to access funding in four key areas:
1. Rolling Grant Rounds
With six grant subcommittee meetings annually, applicants are encouraged to apply at any time for our Rolling Grants Round.
Applications for this grant program must:
• Reflect transformative change in paediatric health;
• Address critical areas of unmet need; and promote the control or prevention of disease in children.
2. PCH Child Health Research (CHR)
We offer two rounds annually for applicants to submit applications for PCH Child Health Research Grants
This grant program annually awards up to:
•Eight research project grants;
• Two research implementation and extended funding grants;
• Ten research seeding grants;
• Three medical student elective and
• PhD scholarships.
All awards are based on scientific merit.
3. Education and Training
We offer two rounds annually for applicants to submit applications for Education and Training Grants.
Per round, we award up to five grants to the value of $10,000 each. This grant program can award: PhD top ups; education and training; fellowships and more. All awards are judged on: degree of focus on the promotion of disease prevention in children; impact of Education and Training on future clinical practice; benefit to CAHS and importance to child adolescent health.
Grant Application Process
2. All grants submitted to PCH Foundation needs to be approved by the relevant Head of Department and PCH Executive Director prior to submission to the Foundation’s Grant Sub Committee (GSC).
3. Submit your completed application via email to the Executive Assistant, Office of Operations at firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: There are separate application forms and specified funding rounds for Research Grants and Education & Training Grants – these are detailed in the PCH Foundation Grant Application Guidelines on the CAHS Intranet as detailed above.